Episode One-A: Finding Neverland

Just survive...
Irish
FE-Founder

Episode One-A: Finding Neverland

Postby Irish » Fri May 22, 2015 7:16 am

Starlight Bridge

There was no denying it, Bryan Davies had completely disappeared...nowhere to be found. They had done computer searches, looked through every nook and cranny they could think of, asked, bribed, begged...no sign of him. Hell, even Aegis couldn't locate him, even though the frenzied kit had just about torn the station apart in his search.

All that had been found, eventually, was a note, actually scribbled in real pencil, on a piece of paper that Irish had found slipped 'under' her door.

Wendy,
Come visit,
PP

While it only sorta made sense, Irish wasn't really sure exactly how to interpret the reference, except that Bryan, if, indeed, he'd written it, meant something along the lines of, 'Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Til Morning'.

Problem was, which Right, which 'Second Star', which morning? There had been some debate, but finally the decision had been made -- pick a Right, pick a Star and find a Room...maybe find Bryan, Peter Pan to her Wendy...an obscure reference to a book that his mother used to read to them.

So, here she was, impromptu 'Captain' (Aegis fancied himself that, but...yeah, none of them had a death wish, and what the kit didn't know wouldn't hurt them), looking for the Lost Boy...
Irish
FE-Founder

Re: Episode One-A: Finding Neverland

Postby Irish » Sat May 23, 2015 10:04 pm

Starlight
Mess Hall
Atticus Walcher, MD

This whole thing was insanely crazy (if such a thing was possible), Atticus thought as he poured water into the pot to make real coffee, a perk of being on this thrown-together, dysfunctional crew. Of course, it was his own doing that he was here, so he really had no room to complain, and it beat the certain and painful death that would have been his lot back on the station.

And really, he should be grateful that the Captain had disappeared, since that was what had sealed his spot on the crew without a lot of fanfare...after all, they needed to leave in a hurry so there wasn't time to really vet him out, or to find something better for the crew. Of course, it had helped his case that he'd pleaded knowledge of navigation, a wee bit of a fib!

And it seemed that they had decided, at least for now, that he was somehow qualified to be a cook, poor souls! But at least he could make a decent pot of coffee!
Aegis
FE-Founder

Postby Aegis » Sat May 23, 2015 10:14 pm

[Bridge]

Aegis sat perched in the Starlight's command chair, crouched in a seated position, his emerald green eyes watching everything that was going on. The new followers he had acquired throughout his journey were most efficient in keeping Aegis' ship up and running. They pushed blinky lighty up buttons pretty good and, as long as they didn't think they could take his special chair in the middle of the bridge then all things were fine. That, and as long as they acknowledged his unassailable mastery of the ship.

He'd also heard them discussing going to the right of some star. Apparently, they thought they were going to be picking the star. What a laughable concept. Aegis was going to pick the star. He was the supreme hunter in all the universe. If new brother thought he could hide from Aegis for any real length of time then he was sadly mistaken.

Aegis would find new brother, the Beta, and the Beta would be beaten most severely for this betrayal. Unless, of course, someone else was responsible for the disappearance of the Beta. In which case, they would be killed for thinking and daring to encroach upon Aegis' domain. No one threatened Aegis' superiority in all things.

Leaping from his chair he marched right past Irish at the helm and up to the viewscreen. He made a big show of surveying the screen, pointing at various stars and shaking his head no and generally considering them. This was a big decision and Aegis didn't really know where Bryan had gone, which was deeply aggravating. But, as far as everyone else on the ship knew, Aegis knew exactly where he was going. He was only putting on this show for the benefit of everyone else, that way they wouldn't think he was too much smarter than they were. Even though he was as much smarter than all of them combined than they were smarter than an ant.

"Me is make the big think and the most very biggest track. Me say we go right of this star, this one here," Aegis declared loudly, jabbing a finger at a random point of light on the viewscreen. It was just as good as any other choice really. Besides, that one looked faintly green, like Aegis' eyes and that made it the best.

"We is go right this star here," Aegis continued, jabbing his finger at a completely different star now. Yes, really, that one was probably better. It looked like it was a Beta Star. Green stars were Alpha Stars, Aegis decided. "This blue one. It Beta star. Green star is be alpha star and me Alpha. Beta no is go green star without me big talk say him go. We go to blue star. Now."

(tag)
Grenn
Forum Admin

Postby Grenn » Mon May 25, 2015 8:10 am

[Bridge]

"That's Eta Lamdressa." L'arri said from a very comfortable chair in the back of the bridge. Why she was sitting in it with feet propped on the console was anyone's guess. It wasn't like she had a job to do up here. "It'll take a year to get there." she said, looking back down at the phaser she was messing around with.

"The green one's called Beta Librae. And it's the only green star known to exist. Mostly due to the high oxygen content in its planetary nebula." she continued, not looking up, but trying to maybe educate him a little. "On Cait...." she began to muse... "... it's called the forest star. And it's even brighter from there. Only 50 light years away." she said with a slight smile, thinking about her, and to a more distant respect Aegis's homeworld.

"But you knew that already, right?" she said, looking up and straight at Aegis with a bemused grin.
ImageImage
Aegis
FE-Founder

Postby Aegis » Tue May 26, 2015 5:54 am

[Bridge]

“Yes, me know all that. Me know all everything,” Aegis declared wheeling around to face L’arri. What she was doing still, on his ship, was anyone’s guess. After she had stolen and hidden all of his treasured trophies around the ship Aegis had been quite angry with her. That anger had grown exponentially when Irish had informed Aegis that she would not help the teen, “make basard girl go outside with no outside clothes.” Bettina had informed Aegis that when people did that, they exploded. He was now eager to test that bit of knowledge on L’arri. If not now, then soon.

“You is have name wrong though,” Aegis declared, bounding back across the bridge and into his chair which swung around until he was facing L’arri. “Blue star is make be name ‘Big Stupid Beta Star’ because big stupid Beta at that one. Me know,” Aegis continued, educating L’arri right back and tapping the side of his head with one finger.

“Green star not make be name Beta anything. Green star is be Aegis Star,” he continued, narrowing his emerald green eyes at L’arri. No doubt she thought that she could take the star away from him by calling it a Beta Star. Even when, since it was green it was clearly an Alpha Star. Green star like Aegis’ green eyes. That meant it was an alpha star. Everyone knew that.

“We is need make biggest go to blue star,” Aegis continued, swinging back around on the chair to face forward. “Now. Irish is make go, make go now.” His directive given to Irish he spun back around in the chair to face L’arri again.

“Me is still going make most big send you outside with no outside clothes,” he declared, leveling an accusatory finger in L’arri’s direction. He still hadn’t found all of his trophies, but he would eventually. He’d found most of them, though. That was a start. “Then you is go…” Aegis made an exploding noise and mimed an enormous explosion with his hands that way L’arri couldn’t possibly miss the meaning.
“But,” he declared, hopping up on the back of the chair and perching atop the backrest to eye L’arri beadily, “me still get little revenge now,” Aegis nodded sagely. This morning while L’arri had been eating in the crew mess, Aegis had broken into her quarters and stolen every article of clothing belonging to her that he could find. He had then spent a not insignificant amount of time hiding the clothing all over the ship and, since he knew the inside of the ship better than anyone there was no telling where the clothing was now. If L’arri was anything like Irish, she would be most upset about this.

“Me is maked most very biggest…” Aegis paused and tried to remember the term he’d overhead somewhere on the Venture Star, seizing on something in his mind that sounded right he continued, “pandy raid. Yes, me raided the pandies! Now you is get have most biggest look for lost pandies!” Some of Aegis’ hiding places had been most ingenious too, for example stuffing some of the woman’s underwear between the mattress and bunk in Atticus’ room and cramming more of the clothing down the drain in the shower in the Beta’s quarters. She’d never find it there.
Irish
FE-Founder

Postby Irish » Sat May 30, 2015 8:41 pm

[Bridge]

"Pandy raid?" Irish raised an eyebrow and glanced at L’arri with a grin. "Sounds more like a scavenger hunt...maybe we should offer a reward? Oh!" her smile widened, "cookies for small things an' cake for th' bigger ones?" That might make the kit think twice!

And while he was distracted, she quickly punched some commands into the computer, changing the image on the view-screen from the actual view to a stored layout of another sector, with a different configuration of stars, just to mess with the kit...

...and then she burst into laughter...

"Um..." Atticus stepped onto the Bridge, not really sure that he was welcome, but knowing that he had to be up-front so that he wasn't accused of anything...

"Did anyone lose...um..." He held up a lacy pair of unmentionables, his cheeks red. "I...um, found these in my quarters, and I swear, I have no idea how they got there..."

Irish grinned. "Get the man a cookie!"
Kayvin
Forum Admin

Postby Kayvin » Sun May 31, 2015 4:27 am

S'anra walked onto the bridge and up to Irish's station at the helm, taking a seat at the Ops console. She leaned over, speaking quietly, and addressing her in her new role, "Captain, I know you want to find Mister Davies, but I think we need to speak about practical matters."

Irish looked over at the woman, feeling unsettled at being referred to as 'Captain'. It was a role and responsibility she had no desire nor aptitude for, yet it had pretty much been dropped into her lap by default. As much as he wanted to think he was Master of Masters, Aegis certainly wasn't qualified, and that left her as 'original' to the ship.

Taking a breath, she plastered on a fake smile. "Of course. Anything...honestly, I'm happy for any help I can get."

"As you made yourselves quite unwelcome on Pegasus Station, the ship isn't exactly brimming with supplies. It's going to take a lot more fuel than we have to search the quadrant for a single man. And unless I grossly underestimated the wealth of this crew, you need to find work," S'anra stated.

"Well..." Yeah, Irish hadn't had a chance to consider all the issues and problems yet, but that was certainly legitimate. "Yeah, yer right...but we can't very well go back there any time soon..." She assumed that if the woman was bringing it up she had a suggestion. At least she hoped so!

"I've got a contact on Nimbus III, he runs distribution," the Romulan continued, "I think I can convince him to put the ship on the roster."

"Distribution?" Irish raised an eyebrow, considering. In all honesty, she didn't mind running contraband, if indeed that was what was being implied, so long as...

"Um, sure, but I won't take on nothin' that 's gonna do harm to good folks." She kinda hoped that S'anra had the same standards, but she didn't know for certain.

"Nothing out of the ordinary," S'anra stated, "It's the closest thing we have to a postal service. Anyone can send anything to anywhere else, as long as they've got a delivery route going there. Even Pegasus even has an office."

Irish thought for a moment, then nodded. "All right, that sounds good...we gotta do somethin' for funds, and Nimbus III is as good a place as any ta start." She let out a breath. "I...I'm a pilot, not a Captain," she murmured, then managed a wry smile. Doesn't mean I can't fake it, right?" After all, she was her folks' daughter, so she'd inherited plenty of moxie and nerve. "I do appreciate yer help, I'll listen to anything..."
Aegis
FE-Founder

Postby Aegis » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:57 pm

[Bridge]

“Yes, me maked most very biggest raid of pandys,” Aegis declared, standing up on the Captain’s chair and glaring at L’arri before leaning to one side so the chair would spin crazily around to face the front again. As he came around to face the viewscreen again, Aegis quickly noticed that the starfield had changed. He wasn’t stupid. Besides, he no longer saw the green Aegis Star on the screen. He considered this for a half second and then made up his mind, leaping from the chair to the deck he marched right back up to the viewscreen.

“Me was just making big think that other stars was big very no good,” he declared, placing his hands on his hips and adopting his very best High King Ruler Emperor pose. “Yes, most very biggest think we need new stars here,” he gestured grandly at the viewscreen. “As all everyone see, ship and me brain is become one very soon.” This should have been obvious to everyone. After all, Aegis had just been thinking they needed these stars and here they were now. Perfect.

“Me is make most biggest say that we is go red star.” As Atticus wandered onto the bridge, looking lost, Aegis scampered over to Irish and stopped, glaring at her. “You is make push button and go red star there,” Aegis demanded, then he poked Irish in the nose with one finger. “Now. We is go…”

Distracted by the appearance of Atticus who was holding the thing of L’arri’s that Aegis had hidden in his room, Aegis whirled around and advanced on Atticus, vaulting over the Captain’s chair to land lightly in front of the man. Then his ears twitched when one of the sacred words was announced. Cookie.

“Me want cookie,” Aegis declared. Clearly Atticus wasn’t smart enough to know what to do with a cookie, since he wasn’t smart enough to leave L’arri’s thing hidden in his room. Aegis wasn’t even sure what that L’arri thing was for. Bettina had never tried to make him wear a thing like that. Not that he would have worn such a thing anyway. Gross. It was all frilly and lacy. Where were the spikes and the violent colors? If Atticus wasn’t smart enough to keep the thing hidden, he clearly wasn’t smart enough for a cookie. Probably he’d try to wear the cookie like a boot. Waste of a good cookie. A true tragedy.

“Me want you cookie. Now.” Aegis was so absorbed in the demands for Atticus’ cookie that he hardly paid any notice of the pointy ear woman entering the bridge. She was a girl and she had no fur and she wasn’t Irish. Therefore, she was of little consequence as far as Aegis was concerned. As long as she stayed out of his chair. His ears twitched as he listened in on the conversation Irish had with her.

Then she called Irish “Captain” that simply wouldn’t do. “GET ME COOKIE!” Aegis bellowed and poked Atticus in the chest and then turned and vaulted back over the captain’s chair to land between Irish and S’anra, glaring hateful green daggers at the pointy eared woman.

“Irish not Captain. Me Captain. Me High King Ruler Emperor Captain of All Everything,” Aegis declared, still glaring at S’anra and poking her in the forehead. “Me not say make go Numbskull III! Me say make biggest fast go red star!” Aegis jabbed a finger at the starfield, pointing vaguely in the direction of the red star he wanted to go to. “We is go red star now. Him,” he jerked a thumb in Atticus’ direction, “is make go bring me cookie. Red star. Cookie. Chop chop.” Aegis clapped his hands twice. It was now decided. End of discussion. Really, what would these people do without him?
CJNoble

Postby CJNoble » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:10 am

[Somwhere on the ship]

Crick, Crick, crick went the ratchet Nienna was using to tighten up some bolts on a piece of conduit she was working on. The lower brackets had started to come loose and as she believed an ounce of preventative work, saves her some un-neccessary work. Giving a satisfied grunt, Nienna slid herself out from the tight spot, and stood up.She stretched out the kinks that had developed, wiped off the dirt from her hands on the rag she had in the back pocket of her coveralls.

She walked over to where she had some water stashed, sat down on a crate nearby, opened the water bottle to take a drink. Leaning against the wall, Nienna thought of how she ended up here, on the SS Starlight.

The events panned through her mind, stowing away in a crate she had fixed up for that purpose, meeting Atticus, who had the same idea, then being marched up to the Captain's room while he was in the shower. Nienna's face still goes warm remembering that incident. When the Captain had stepped out of the bathroom with nothing but a towel, Nienna wanted the floor to open up and swallow her.

She tried not to stare, in fact she made a major effort to not look, or just concentrate on his eyes. That wasn't a good thing to do either as he had beautiful eyes. Fortunately he quickly welcomed them aboard, she and Atticus ended up they becoming part of the crew.

Now the crew was short once again, for, the Captain had disappeared mysteriously. Was a bit of a shock for Irish, as Nienna had figured out that those two were an item. Now Irish was the Captain, since Bryan was gone. Even though that little Terror Aegis seemed to still think he was in command. Shaking her head, Nienna decided it was time to pay a visit to the bridge just to find out where they were going to.

[Bridge]

Arriving on the bridge right after Atticus had, Nienna could feel her cheeks warm, seeing the pair of lacy, frilly item in the Doctor's hand. She wondered just what was going on until she heard the disjointed story unfold, narrated by the little Napoleon wanna be.

"A Cookie you say?" Nienna looking towards the white-furred Aegis. "And are we going somewhere?" directing her attention towards Captain Irish.

And in a side whisper she asked Atticus, "Have you become the cook for the ship Besides being the doctor? Do you need some help in the kitchen?"

Return to “Starlight”